On this page
Scope of This Policy
OWA collects certain information about or related to you through this Site. Some of the information OWA collects may be “personal information”—information that identifies you personally, alone or in combination with other information available to us. Other information may be non-personally identifiable, such as your IP address.
OWA has provided this Policy so that you will know what information OWA collects, how OWA uses this information, the types of third parties with whom OWA may share this information, and some of the choices that are available to you.
This Policy may be supplemented or amended from time to time by additional privacy notices (“Privacy Notices”), provided at the time we collect your information. For example, certain pages of this Site may contain Privacy Notices providing more details about the information we collect on those particular pages, why we need that information, and choices you may have about the ways we use that information. In other cases, specific Privacy Notices may be required to comply with the privacy laws of one of the countries, provinces, or states in which we do business.
By using this Site, you are consenting to the collection, use, disclosure, and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you). If you do not consent to the collection, use, disclosure and transfer of your information as described in this Policy (and any Privacy Notices that apply to you), you may not use this Site.
We respect your right to make choices about the ways we collect, use, and disclose your information. This Policy describes some of your choices, such as your choice to opt out of receiving “cookies.” We may ask you to indicate your choices at the time and on the page where you provide your information.
Do Not Track Mechanisms.
California law requires this Policy to address how we respond to any “Do-Not-Track (‘DNT’) signal” delivered by your browser. Because of the changing state of technology and indecision within the industry regarding the meaning of DNT signals, we currently do not make any guarantee that we will honor DNT signals.
Previously Expressed Preferences.
You may change previously expressed preferences regarding how we use your information. For example, you can opt out of promotional emails we send to you by selecting the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of each communication. To change other preferences, please contact us using the information provided below.
This Policy May Change
OWA reserves the right to update or modify this Policy and any Privacy Notice, at any time and without prior notice, by posting the revised version of the Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site. These changes will only apply to the information we collect after we have posted the revised Policy or Privacy Notice on this Site.
Your use of this Site following any such change constitutes your agreement that all information collected from or about you after the revised Policy is posted will be subject to the terms of the revised Policy. You may access the current version of this Policy at any time by clicking on the link marked “Privacy” at the bottom of each page of the public areas of this Site.
Information We Collect
Information You Manually Provide.
OWA collects the information you manually provide (using your keyboard, mouse, or touchpad) when you use this Site, for example, we collect the information you provide when you communicate with us, purchase tickets, register for a sweepstakes, or otherwise interact with this Site. Some of the information you manually provide may be personal information, such as your name and contact information.
Information from Third-Party Social Media Platforms.
You may be able to register with, log on to, or enhance your profile on this Site by choosing to automatically populate the requested data fields with information you previously provided to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). By doing this, you are asking the third-party platform to send us information, including personal information, from your profile on that platform. We treat that information as we do any other information you give to us when you register, log on, or enhance your profile.
Information from your browser or device.
OWA collects information that is sent to us automatically by your web browser or mobile device. This information typically includes your IP address, the name of your operating system, the name and version of your browser, the date and time of your visit, and the pages you visit. The information we receive may depend on your browser or device settings.
The information we receive from your web browser and device is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable.
Generally, we use this information in the aggregate to help us improve this Site and make it more compatible with the technology used by our visitors. However, we may combine it with other information in an attempt to identify you or we may combine it with information that does identify you. We may also review our server logs for security purposes—for example, to detect intrusions into our network—and we might share our server logs, which contain visitors’ IP addresses, with the appropriate investigative authorities who could use that information to trace and identify you.
Information Collected by Cookies and Other Technologies.
We use “cookies” and other technologies to collect information and support certain features of this Site. For example, we may use these technologies to:
- collect information about the ways visitors use this Site—which pages they visit, which links they use, and how long they stay on each page;
- support the features and functionality of this Site—for example, to save you the trouble of reentering information already in our database or to prompt the settings you established on previous visits;
- personalize your experience when you use this Site; and
- improve our marketing efforts, including through use of targeted advertising.
The information we collect using cookies and similar technologies is not, in and of itself, personally identifiable, but we may link it to personal information that you provide. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may set your browser to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your computer. Although you are not required to accept cookies when you visit this Site, you may be unable to use all of the functionality of this Site if your browser rejects our cookies.
Information about Third-Party Cookies
In addition to the cookies OWA delivers to your computer or mobile device through this Site, certain third parties may deliver cookies to you for a variety of reasons. For example, we use Google Analytics, a web analytics tool that helps us understand how visitors engage with our Sites. Other third parties may deliver cookies to your computer or mobile device for the purpose of tracking your online behaviors over time and across nonaffiliated websites and/or delivering targeted advertisements either on this Site or on other websites.
You have choices about the collection of information by third parties on our Sites. For example, if you do not want information about your visit to this Site sent to Google Analytics, you may download an Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here (link is external). Please note that the Add-on does not prevent information from being sent to OWA.
In addition, if you would like to opt-out of having interest-based information collected by certain entities during your visits to this Site or other websites, please click here (link is external). You will be directed to an industry-developed website that contains mechanisms for choosing whether each listed entity may collect and use data for online behavioral advertising purposes. It may be that some of the third parties that collect interest-based information on this Site do not participate in the industry-developed opt-out website, in which case the best way to avoid third-party tracking of your online behaviors may be through your browser settings and deletion of cookies.
How We Use Your Information
Generally, we use the information we collect through this Site:
- to provide the information, products and services you request;
- to provide you with effective customer service;
- to provide you with a personalized experience when you use this Site;
- to contact you with information and notices related to your use of this Site;
- to contact you with special offers and other information we believe will be of interest to you (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to invite you to participate in surveys and provide Feedback to us (in accordance with any privacy preferences you have expressed to us);
- to improve the content, functionality and usability of this Site;
- to better understand your needs and interests;
- to improve our products and services;
- to improve our marketing and promotional efforts;
- for security, credit or fraud prevention purposes; and
- for any other purpose identified in an applicable Privacy Notice, click-through agreement or other agreement between you and us.
How We Share Your Information
With Third–Party Vendors.
OWA shares information collected through this Site with third-party vendors who act for us or on our behalf. For example, we may use third-party vendors to design and operate this Site; to conduct surveys; and to help us with our promotional efforts. These third-party vendors may need information about you to perform their functions.
With Other Users of this Site.
With Third-Party Social Media Platforms.
We may provide functionality on this Site that allows you to automatically post information about the actions you take on this Site to a third-party social media platform (such as Facebook or Twitter). If you choose to take advantage of this functionality, people with access to your profile on the third-party platform may be able to see the actions you have taken—for example, the comments you have posted or the items you have purchased. Thus, you should have no expectation of privacy in those actions. Further, if you choose to link your profile on this Site with an account on a third-party social media platform, we may share the information in your profile with that third-party platform.
With Other, Carefully Selected Business Partners.
In aggregate or de-identified form.
We use information collected through this Site to create a compiled, aggregate view of usage patterns. We may share aggregate information with third parties so they can better understand our user base. We may also share with third parties information about how particular individuals use this Site, but only on a de-identified basis (“Individualized Data”). Individualized Data is not personally identifiable, but it does reflect the usage patterns of a particular Site user, as opposed to Site users collectively. We may provide basic demographic information (gender and age) in conjunction with providing Individualized Data. Third parties typically use this information for analytical purposes and to market their own products and services. It is possible that third parties will attempt to “re-identify” de-identified data, and you should know that this is possible using external points of reference.
As Part of a Business Transfer.
Your information may be transferred to successor organization if, for example, we transfer the ownership or operation of this Site to another organization or if we merge with another organization. If such a transfer occurs, the successor organization’s use of your information will still be subject to this Policy and the privacy preferences you have expressed to us.
To Comply with Laws and Protect Our Rights and the Rights of Others.
As Described in a Privacy Notice or click-through agreement.
We reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any Privacy Notice posted on a page of this Site where you provide that information. By providing your information on that page, you will be consenting to the disclosure of your information as described in that privacy notice. We also reserve the right to disclose your information as described in any click–through agreement to which you have agreed.
How We Protect Your Information
OWA takes reasonable precautions to provide a level of security appropriate to the sensitivity of the information we collect. Although we use reasonable measures to help protect your information against unauthorized use or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of information provided over the Internet or stored in our databases and will not be responsible for breaches of security beyond our reasonable control.
A Note about Children’s Privacy
You must be at least 13 years old to have our permission to use this Site. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information about visitors under 13 years of age. If you are under the age of 13, you can use this service only in conjunction with your parent’s or guardian’s permission.
Links to Other Websites
Access to Your Information
If you would like to review, correct and update the personal information you have provided to us through this Site, please contact us by email at [email protected]. We will respond to your request within the time limit set out by the applicable privacy legislation. We will use reasonable efforts to comply with your request as required by applicable law.
This Site Is Hosted on Servers Located in the United States.
OWA is a U.S. corporation. The servers that support this Site are located in the United States. While it is in our possession, your information will generally be stored in OWA databases or databases maintained by our third-party service providers on servers and data storage devices located in the United States. U.S. data protection laws may not provide as much protection as the data protection laws in force in some other countries; however, we will process your information in accordance with this Policy no matter where our data is stored. If you are located in a country outside the United States, by using this Site you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States.
This Policy shall be governed under the laws of the State of Alabama, United States of America without regard to any conflict of law principles.
Questions about This Policy or OWA Data Practices
If you have questions or concerns about this Policy, any Privacy Notice, or our data practices, please contact us by email at [email protected]. You may write to us or contact us via telephone at OWA’s corporate offices: 10113 Foley Beach Express, Foley, Alabama 36535, USA; 251.921.2111.
Table of Contents
• Your Consent to Other Agreements
• Ownership of this Site and its Content
• Responsibility for User-Generated Content Posted on or Through this Site
• Removal Of Content
• Your Feedback
• Your Obligations
• Limitation of Liability
• Links To Third-Party Websites
• Modification and Discontinuation
• Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
• Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
• Entire Agreement
Your Consent to Other Agreements
Ownership of this Site and its Content
This Site, including all its Content are protected under applicable intellectual property and other laws, including without limitation the laws of the United States and other countries. All Content and intellectual property rights therein are the property of OWA or the material is included with the permission of the rights owner and is protected pursuant to applicable copyright and trademark laws.
The presence of any Content on this Site does not constitute a waiver of any right in such Content. You do not acquire ownership rights to any such Content viewed through this Site. Except as otherwise provided herein, none of this Content may be used, copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, modified, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means, including, but not limited to, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without our express prior written permission.
Permission is hereby granted to the extent necessary to lawfully access and use this Site and to display, download, or print portions of this Site on a temporary basis and for your personal, educational, noncommercial use only, provided that you (i) do not modify the Content; (ii) you retain any and all copyright and other proprietary notices contained in the Content; and (iii) you do not copy or post the Content on any network computer or broadcast the Content in any media.
The OWA names and logos (including, without limitation, those of its affiliates), all product and service names, all graphics, all button icons, and all trademarks, service marks and logos appearing within this Site, unless otherwise noted, are trademarks (whether registered or not), service marks and/or trade dress of OWA and/or its affiliates (the “OWA Marks”). All other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress mentioned, displayed, cited or otherwise indicated within this Site are the property of their respective owners. You are not authorized to display or use the OWA Marks in any manner without our prior written permission. You are not authorized to display or use trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress of other owners featured within this Site without the prior written permission of such owners. The use or misuse of the OWA Marks or other trademarks, product names, company names, logos, service marks and/or trade dress or any other materials contained herein, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited.
Responsibility for User-Generated Content Posted on or Through this Site
You are responsible for User-Generated Content that you post.
Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any UGC.
Because we do not control the UGC posted on or through this Site, we cannot and do not warrant or guarantee the truthfulness, integrity, suitability, or quality of that UGC. You also agree and understand that by accessing this Site, you may encounter UGC that you may consider to be objectionable. We have no responsibility for any UGC, including without limitation any errors or omissions therein. We are not liable for any loss or damage of any kind you may claim was incurred as a result of the use of any UGC posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available on or through this Site. The UGC posted on or through this Site expresses the personal opinions of the individuals who posted it and does not necessarily reflect the views OWA or any person or entity associated with OWA.
You own User-Generated Content, but we may use it.
You own the copyright in any original UGC you post. We do not claim any copyrights in UGC. However, by using this Site you are granting us and our subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, a nonexclusive, fully paid, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, transferable license (with the right to sublicense through unlimited levels of sublicenses) to use, copy, modify, distribute, publicly display and perform, publish, transmit, remove, retain, repurpose, and commercialize UGC you post in any and all media or form of communication whether now existing or hereafter developed, without obtaining additional consent, without restriction, notification, or attribution, and without compensating you in any way, and to authorize others to do the same. For this reason, we ask that you not post any UGC that you do not wish to license to us, including any photographs, videos, confidential information, or product ideas.
We may disclose and/or remove User-Generated Content.
OWA has certain rights. We have the right (but do not assume the obligation) to:
- monitor all UGC;
- require that you avoid certain subjects;
- remove or block any UGC at any time without notice at our sole and absolute discretion;
- terminate your access to and use of this Site, or to modify, edit or block your transmissions thereto in our sole discretion.
You agree that our exercise of such discretion shall not render us the owners of UGC you post, and that you will retain ownership thereof as described above.
Restrictions on User-Generated Content.
- upload, post, transmit or otherwise make available
- any UGC that is unlawful, harmful, hateful, threatening, abusive, harassing, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane, racially disparaging, indecent, or invasive of another’s privacy;
- any UGC that constitutes or encourages activity illegal under criminal or civil law;
- any UGC that is false, misleading, or fraudulent;
- any UGC that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- any UGC that violates or infringes upon the rights of others, including UGC, which violates the patent rights, copyrights, trademark rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, trade secret rights, confidentiality rights, contract rights, or any other rights of any individual, living or deceased, or any legal entity;
- any UGC that contains the image, name or likeness of anyone other than yourself, unless (i) that person is at least eighteen years old and you have first obtained his/her express permission or (ii) that person is under eighteen years old but you are his/her parent or legal guardian;
- any request for or solicitation of any personal or private information from any individual;
- any request for or solicitation of money, goods, or services for private gain;
- any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment; or
- any UGC that contains advertising, promotions or marketing, or which otherwise has a commercial purpose;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity; or
- violate any local, state, national or international law, rule or regulation.
Removal of Content
Violation of copyrights.
OWA does not knowingly violate or permit others to violate the copyrights of others. We will promptly remove or disable access to material that we know is infringing or if we become aware of circumstances from which infringing activity is apparent.
If you are requesting removal of content because of a violation of your copyrights, please note that the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you believe that your own work, or the work of a third party for whom you are authorized to act, is featured on this Site or has been otherwise copied and made available on this Site in a manner that constitute copyright infringement, please notify us immediately.
Your notice must be in writing and must include:
- an electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on this Site (including the URL, title and/or item number if applicable, or other identifying characteristics);
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and, if you are not the owner of the copyright, the name of the owner; and
- a written statement by you that you have a good-faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Your statement must be addressed as follows:
Any notification by a copyright owner or a person authorized to act on its behalf that fails to comply with requirements of the DMCA shall not be considered sufficient notice and shall not be deemed to confer upon us actual knowledge of facts or circumstances from which infringing material or acts are evident.
Although we do not claim ownership of User-Generated Content you post using this Site, the Feedback you provide to us through this Site will be and remain our exclusive property. Your submission of Feedback will constitute an assignment to us of all worldwide rights, title and interests in your Feedback, including all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in your Feedback. We will be entitled to reduce to practice, exploit, make, use, copy, disclose, display or perform publicly, distribute, improve and modify any Feedback you submit for any purpose whatsoever, without restriction and without compensating you in any way. For this reason, we ask that you not send us any Feedback that you do not wish to assign to us.
In consideration of your use of this Site, you agree that to the extent you provide personal information to OWA it will be true, accurate, current, and complete and that you will update all personal information as necessary.
To the extent you create an account through this Site, you understand and agree that any account you create, including your username and password, are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password and are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your username and password by you or by anyone else using your username and password, whether or not authorized by you. You agree to change your password immediately if you believe your password may have been compromised or used without authorization. You also agree to immediately inform us of any apparent breaches of security such as loss, theft or unauthorized disclosure or use of your username or password by contacting us using the information provided below. Until we are so notified, you will remain liable for any unauthorized use of your account.
You agree to use this Site in a manner consistent with any and all applicable rules and regulations. You agree not to upload or transmit through this Site any computer viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer. Any unauthorized modification, tampering or change of any information, or any interference with the availability of or access to this Site is strictly prohibited. We reserve all rights and remedies available to us.
WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE OR ITS CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE AVAILABLE ON OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. THIS SITE AND ALL OF ITS CONTENT (INCLUDING USER-GENERATED CONTENT) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS,” “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, OWA, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, ARISING BY STATUTE, CUSTOM, COURSE OF DEALING, COURSE OF PERFORMANCE OR IN ANY OTHER WAY, WITH RESPECT TO THIS SITE, ITS CONTENT, AND ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE OR PROMOTED THROUGH THIS SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, OWA, ITS AFFILIATES, AND THEIR SERVICE PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS DISCLAIM ALL REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES (A) OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; (B) RELATING TO THE SECURITY OF THIS SITE; (C) THAT THE CONTENT OF THIS SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT; OR (D) THAT THIS SITE WILL OPERATE SECURELY OR WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERROR.
WE DO NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR ANY TRANSMISSIONS SENT FROM US OR THROUGH THIS SITE WILL BE FREE OF ANY HARMFUL COMPONENTS (INCLUDING VIRUSES).
OWA does not endorse and is not responsible for statements, advice and opinions made by anyone other than authorized OWA spokespersons. WE DO NOT ENDORSE AND ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY statements, advice or opinions CONTAINED IN USER-GENERATED CONTENT AND SUCH statements, advice AND opinions DO NOT IN ANY WAY REFLECT THE STATEMENTS, ADVICE AND OPINIONS OF OWA. WE DO NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AGAINST THE POSSIBILITY OF DELETION, MISDELIVERY OR FAILURE TO STORE COMMUNICATIONS, PERSONALIZED SETTINGS, OR OTHER DATA. YOU ACCEPT THAT OUR SHAREHOLDERS, OWNERS, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES AND OTHER REPRESENTATIVES SHALL HAVE THE BENEFIT OF THIS CLAUSE.
APPLICABLE LAW MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO ALL OR PART OF THIS DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS WE, ON BEHALF OF OUR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, LICENSORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, EXCLUDE AND DISCLAIM LIABILITY FOR ANY LOSSES AND EXPENSES OF WHATEVER NATURE AND HOWSOEVER ARISING INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, GENERAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF USE; LOSS OF DATA; LOSS CAUSED BY A VIRUS; LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT; LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES; OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE USE OF THIS SITE OR THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES IT OFFERS. YOU ASSUME TOTAL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ESTABLISHING SUCH PROCEDURES FOR DATA BACK UP AND VIRUS CHECKING AS YOU CONSIDER NECESSARY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS.
IF ANY PART OF THIS LIMITATION ON LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES FOR LIABILITIES THAT OTHERWISE WOULD HAVE BEEN LIMITED SHALL NOT EXCEED TEN DOLLARS ($10.00).
Links to Third-Party Websites
Modification and Discontinuation
We reserve the right at any time and from time-to-time to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Site (or any portion thereof) and/or the information, materials, products and/or services available through this Site (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension or discontinuance of this Site.
Governing Law, Jurisdiction and Venue
Dispute Resolution By Binding Arbitration and Class Action Waiver
A dispute or claim relating to the enforcement of OWA’ intellectual property rights, or relating to personal injury or to other similar claims arising out of or in connection with an accident or claimed physical injury at a park, are expressly excluded from this arbitration provision and the terms hereof.
- A party who intends to seek arbitration must first send to the other, by certified mail, a written Notice of Dispute (“Notice”). The Notice to OWA should be addressed to: General Counsel, OWA, 10113 Foley Beach Express, Foley, Alabama 36535, USA (the “Notice Address”). If, through informal negotiation, OWA and you do not reach an agreement to resolve the dispute within thirty (30) days after the Notice is received, you or OWA may commence an arbitration proceeding. During the arbitration, the amount of any settlement offer made by OWA or you shall not be disclosed to the arbitrator until after the arbitrator determines the amount, if any, to which you or OWA is entitled.
- The arbitrator may award injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party’s individual claim.
- YOU AND OWA AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and OWA agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative, joint, or class proceeding. If this specific proviso is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
- If you are a resident of the United States, arbitration shall take place at any reasonable location convenient for you. For residents outside the United States, arbitration shall be initiated in Foley, Alabama, United States of America, and you and OWA agree to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located there, in order to compel arbitration, stay proceedings pending arbitration, or confirm, modify, vacate or enter judgment on the award entered by the arbitrator.
- Except as may be required by law, neither you nor an arbitrator may disclose the existence, content, or results of any arbitration under this section without the prior written consent of both parties.
- Except as otherwise provided for herein, OWA will be responsible for paying any arbitration filing fees or fees required in order to obtain a hearing (or documentary submission) of the claim under the applicable rules to the extent such fees exceed the amount of the filing fee for initiating a claim in the court of general jurisdiction in the state where your reside. If, however, the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in the demand is frivolous or brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11), then the payment of all such fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. In such case, you agree to reimburse OWA for all monies previously disbursed by it that are otherwise your obligation to pay under the AAA Rules.
- A judgment may be entered upon the arbitration award and enforced in accordance with the Federal Arbitration Act and applicable rules of arbitration.
You and OWA irrevocably waive any right you may have to a jury trial.
The term “Content” refers to all of the software and code comprising or used to operate this Site, and all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sound recordings, video and audio-video clips, and other materials available on this Site, including User-Generated Content and Feedback.
The term “Feedback” refers to the Content you post on or through this Site that is specifically about how we can improve this Site and the products and services we make available through this Site.
The term “including” means “including, but not limited to.”
The terms “OWA,” “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to OWA.
The term “User-Generated Content” or “UGC” means all of the text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, sounds, video and audio-video clips, and other content you post using the social networking tools we make available to you and that does not constitute “Feedback.”
1501 S. OWA Blvd.
Foley, AL 36535 USA